Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Could tell me why all of a sudden my DMR70 is comming up

Customer Question

Hi guys could tell me why all of a sudden my DMR70 is comming up with wrong region on dvds that have played ok on the same machine,
thanks john
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What region did you buy the player in? What region are the discs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy
The player was bought in region 4 and the dvds have been purchased in that region also, but as I have explained they have been played on this machine before, we think some setting has changed due to a 18 month old grandson playing with the remote, could this happen? thanks John.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Only if there is actually a region change available for the model. From what I can see this model should not have one.

The one before it does though so maybe that will work try this:

On the Player /Open/ (/eject/), then on the remote /stop/ then /9735/ and then go to /setup/ and choose either no region or 4.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your DMR.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Freddy
Ok that still does not answer the question of why the DVDs that played perfectly well before will not now and the screen is saying wrong region, it doesn’t seem to make any sense unless some setting has been changed,
Regards John
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you try what I just suggested? If you did what happened? The lens failing can cause problems like this as well since it will not read discs properly when that happens. Did you buy it in Australia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy tried this before as i got the same info from a forum, but nothing shows up on the screen to allow me access to the menue.
Thanks John.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If it never shows a region that usually indicates a fixed region player. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help Freddy, hopefully the next guy can sort it Ta John.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi John and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the DVD player; something like a Panasonic DMR-EH70V.

Still from a reference Service Manual, please try:

• • enter Service Mode;
  • • check/confirm ROM Version / Region Code;
  • • click HERE.

If:

• • Region 4 is shown, then it would be an internal hardware issue
  • • some other region, then yes; the firmware configuration was inadvertently changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamo DMR70dvd receiver
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

The only easy user doable try (if have not been done) is to attempt a cleaning of the laser lens / optical pickup using a cleaning disc for such purpose similar to the products shown HERE.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.