Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have an AVH-3700-BHS that is rebooting bought it in March

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have an AVH-3700-BHS that is rebooting bought it in March
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: worked fine up until about 2-3 weeks ago. then it just started randomly rebooting and the screen/buttons will stop responding to anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah if i can fix this thing and only spend $18 i'll be happy
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your AVH-3700-BHS?

Is it constantly rebooting on its own?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael,I bought the unit in March from Amazon... as you know, for some reason Pioneer does not honor warranty for this product when purchased from Amazon... not sure why and honestly I wont buy another Pioneer product because of it... anyway... yes, it is rebooting often. Sometimes rebooting 5-10 times in a half hour. This A.M. it didn't boot up at all. The screen was black but some of the buttons had lights. The reboots and erratic behavior have become more and more frequent.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi thanks for that.

Its ok, Amazon will cover this one ;-)

They are really good that way.

No worries there.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day and a wonderful Happy and Healthy New Year!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Michael,How do I get Amazon to warranty it? Take a look at the attached photo... when I try to process a return or exchange, this is what I see. Is there another way to work this with them?Thanks,
Tyler
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tyler, all you need to do is contact them from their website, I use them all the time and I know they handle all warranty work excellent.

Thank you

Tech Michael