stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Installing Avital Model 4103 remote starter along with

Customer Question

Installing Avital Model 4103 remote starter along with xpresskit PKALL bypass module in 2005 Toyota Prius and just need clarification on the keyport connections at wire numbers 3 and 5. How are these connected to the Avital 4103?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

Care for the reasoning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok you have made it more clear as to the connections, now I am curious as to your reasoning for the (plus) connection to the cathode. How does this function. Thanks

Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

Pretty much, the remote start is answering for a protocol of sorts, the wire the heavy gauge iginition/pink works for the purpose of the ignition sequence. What is called for is a positive signal to merge the systems at the propper time.