stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Just picked up a new old stock xstant 2200 xi Is it possible

Customer Question

Just picked up a new old stock xstant 2200 xi
Is it possible to bridge left and righ ch? Right now I just have 2 single voice coil 12"
Amp sounds good but no where as close to my jl 1000/1 any help would be great. I just don't want to cook such a pretty amp lol
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

Quite simply, without even looking it up, it's definately bridgeable if depicted as such at the line level connection. If you see lines between channels in a similar mannerism as brackets convey visually, then feel free to bridge the wires from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The owner Book only showers 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm stereo I want to know if it is safe to run it at 2 ohm mono and how do you do it? This amp does not have the line that most amps have showing your standard left ch + right chan - for a bridge mono
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The amp is 2 ohm stable but trying to find out if you can do that in a mono bridge or if you need to do it for example with a duel 4 ohm sub in parellel and then have the 2 subs on its own left and right ch, making it 2 ohm stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing? All I have got is a generic answer that was not specific on the equipment I was referring too. If a 2 ohm bridge can not be done that is the answer I am looking for, not an assumption that this amp is just like most. If that was the case I would not of spent my money on an answer that was not true to the equipment I am referring too
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

First thing first, is there a high/low pass filter? There would be the only way to ensure only bass signals are sent, too high of a frequency and that's where we get into model lines.