stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Just picked up a new old stock xstant 2200 xi Is it possible

Customer Question

Just picked up a new old stock xstant 2200 xi
Is it possible to bridge left and righ ch? Right now I just have 2 single voice coil 12"
Amp sounds good but no where as close to my jl 1000/1 any help would be great. I just don't want to cook such a pretty amp lol
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 11 months ago.

Quite simply, without even looking it up, it's definately bridgeable if depicted as such at the line level connection. If you see lines between channels in a similar mannerism as brackets convey visually, then feel free to bridge the wires from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The owner Book only showers 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm stereo I want to know if it is safe to run it at 2 ohm mono and how do you do it? This amp does not have the line that most amps have showing your standard left ch + right chan - for a bridge mono
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The amp is 2 ohm stable but trying to find out if you can do that in a mono bridge or if you need to do it for example with a duel 4 ohm sub in parellel and then have the 2 subs on its own left and right ch, making it 2 ohm stereo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing? All I have got is a generic answer that was not specific on the equipment I was referring too. If a 2 ohm bridge can not be done that is the answer I am looking for, not an assumption that this amp is just like most. If that was the case I would not of spent my money on an answer that was not true to the equipment I am referring too

First thing first, is there a high/low pass filter? There would be the only way to ensure only bass signals are sent, too high of a frequency and that's where we get into model lines.