Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have installed a Viper 350 in my Honda Civic 1997, alarm

Customer Question

I have installed a Viper 350 in my Honda Civic 1997, alarm was not working right so it has been off for over year now, this morning my car was not starting (turn switch and nothing, no noise no click no nothing) called the towing company battery and alternator were checked( No problem there) and when he try to turn on the car started without any problem!
1- Can this alarm be the issue?
2- I just want the damn thing out how can I do this?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, on the above post:

• Can this alarm be the issue - for the described "... car was not starting (turn switch and nothing, no noise no click no nothing)...", no; i.e. most unlikely that the alarm cause/affected these symptoms particularly the instrumentation failing to turn on. On the otherhand, if just unable to engage the starter motor, then yes possibly on the alarm's pre-wired starter kill relay;
  • just want the damn thing out how can I do this - on a Viper 350HV disconnect/remove any and all connectors to the alarm system PLUS splice back the cut starter motor wire when the alarm's remote start was first installed. In most variants of the Civic, the black/white wire.