umdterp13
umdterp13, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Custom Installer / 12 Volt Tech
30812386

I wish to chat with someone who has experience in wiring a

Customer Question

Customer: i wish to chat with someone who has experience in wiring a avital 4103 remote start to a 2000 f150 xlt. basically need to know wat wires on the avital i need to use and connect and to wat on wires on my truck to connect them to
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, but i do not want to get info from a guy named DON that u have there already tried that and ended up getting a refund
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

It will be easiest if you start with the available wires in the truck, and then find those on the avital. I know it sounds simple, but there will likely be many unused wires on the remote start, so it's almost impossible to determine which wires not to use, except for them just not to be used when you are done. Here are the wires in the F150 that you need to connect to the corresponding avital. In some cases, a wire from the truck will connect to more than one wire on the avital.

Vehicle Battery Positive Wire (+): Light Green/Violet or Yellow
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Blue/Green
Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Vehicle Second Ignition Wire (+): N/A
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire Location: N/A

Vehicle Accessory Wire (+): Red/Black
Vehicle Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Vehicle Second Accessory Wire (+): Gray/Yellow
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Red/Blue
Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire (-): N/A
Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire Location: N/A

Factory Anti-Theft System: Ford PATS or Securilock Vehicle Immobilizer
Factory Anti-Theft System Type: Key Sends a RF Signal to the BCM Module

Car Key Sense Wire (-): Black/Pink (This plug contains air bag wires. Do not tap into them.)
Car Key Sense Wire Location: At 6 Way Plug to the Right of the Steering Column

Car Neutral Safety Wire (+): Red/Light Blue
Car Neutral Safety Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Car Tachometer Wire (-): Tan (You can use the uncommon wire at any fuel injector.)
Car Tachometer Wire Location: At Fuel Injector

Car Speed Sense Wire: Gray/Black
Car Speed Sense Wire Location: In Harness on Interior Driver Side of Firewall

Car Parking Lights Wire (+): Brown
Car Parking Lights Wire Location: At Headlight Switch

Car Brake Lights Wire (+): Green
Car Brake Lights Wire Location: At Brake Switch Above the Pedal

Car Reverse Lights Wire (+): Black/Pink
Car Reverse Lights Wire Location: In Harness on Driver Frame Rail

Car Horn Wire (-): Blue (This plug contains air bag wires. Do not tap into them.)
Car Horn Wire Location: At 6-Way Plug to the Right of the Steering Column

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks this is where i am at now. hooked up remote start and transponder bypass. truck starts using the remote start fob. when i tun on my hvac controls (and blower) and use remote start, the hvac/blower do not work. the horn and parking lights dont flash/beep with i use the remote start nor do the door locks automatically lock upon starting.I DID NOT connect the following wires, either because i didnt think they got connected or i didnt know where to connect them to. again, with all the below wires NOT connected, the starter functions as described above... i provide u with the color coded wire and a description of what the installation instructions say it is used for:5 pin harness:
blue/white 2nd status output/defogger
black/white neutral safety shutdown ( I connected this wire to ground)9 pin harness:
red/white (-) 200mA channel two output (trunk)?
orange (-) ground wire when locked
white/blue (-) activation output
yellow (-) ignition output
green/white (-) factory alarm rearm
green/black (-) factory alarm disarm4 pin satellite harness:
pink (-) 200mA third ignition ON
purple (-) 200 mA 2nd starter ON
orange (-) 200 mA accessory turn ON
blue (-) woomA status output6 pin heavy gauge harness:
I believe all are correctly hooked up (question: there are two separate 12 V high current red input wires (each 30 amp fuse)...i conected BOTH of these to the yellow ignition wire,im pretty sure this covers it,,,not sure tho! thanks

Defogger is fine

Safety shutdown - connection to ground will basically override it, so that's ok.

Thick yellow is the constant 12v source. And yes, you can connect as many relays as you need to that, as long as you don't exceed max capacity, which in this case is 30amps, so you won't.

The auto locking is something that is programmed in the bypass

Status output is for the blinking of the lights. So that should be connected to the signal wire for the relay connected to the parking lights and/or headlights/brake lights.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
morning and thanks for the info...but not really sure u answered all the questions. would u pls give me a line-by line response. in addition to line-by -line response to my previous questions (all basically asking for support for wires i did/did not connect), i have a few other things.my transponder (directed electronics 556u imobilizer interface) has 6 wires coming out of it. red, blue,pink, black,violet and green. I connected the red, pink and black only. do i need to connect the remaining three, if so, where and to what. (i am attaching a file showing the 6 pin harness for your reference).On the remote start wires, for the 6 in heavy gauge wires...there is a pink/white that goes to ignition 2 output, according to you, this should NOT be connected? ( i connected it to the red/black from the ignition harness)On the same harness there is an orange accessory 1 output. I connected this to blk/lt grn...from wat i believe you said, i should connect this to the red/blk instead (ignition harness)?I am also attaching a schematic of the wiring for the remote start as well for you reference. those shown with an "x" indicate i have them connected and to what. All the others i am unsure of (as i indicated in my detailed last message to you).again, PLEASE respond to ALL my previous questions, as well as the above which i've added. In doing that, i am quite sure we can close this whole thing out...good for me and even better for you!thanks for all the help. (should be three attachments)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when can i expect a response????
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 11 months ago.

I don't mind piecing this together, it's just gonna take me a bit to draw it out for you where any and all further questions would be self referencing. If no one has answered you within 48 hours you should have something from me, thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
dont waste ur time' im done with u so called experts' i want a full refund