ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 2010 tundra with a viper car alarm remote start and

Customer Question

I have a 2010 tundra with a viper car alarm remote start and the remote quit working. I changed the battery out in the remote but that did not solve the problem. Right now the truck is useless as I am locked out. I there a way to enter the truck with key entry without setting off the alarm?
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cancel the question. taking too long
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

To disarm your alarm without a remote you will need to enter your vehicle using your traditional key. The alarm will sound at this time. Once inside the vehicle locate your valet switch. Once you know where your valet switch is simply insert your key into the ignition cylinder, turn to the "run" or "on" position then tap the valet switch one time. Do not hold the switch, make sure it's a quick tap of the button. The alarm should stop sounding after a second or two and you should be able to start your car at that time.