Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Rigby I bought a cac 6 months ago and my battery went and I

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** rigby I bought a cac 6 months ago and my battery went and I don't have code to enter my stereo can you help me please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: flat battery and don't no the code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:

- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.

- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # ***** the device and according to the maker and model.)

I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.