stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a kenwood dpx-400 and it has four different red and

Customer Question

i have a kenwood dpx-400 and it has four different red and white hook ups in the back that aremt connected to anything and in the manual it says i can use a aux cord but i dont know how to hook it up
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, what would be connected to these red & white RCA jacks please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing connected to them the radio was installed I assume in 2000 when my dads aunt bought the truck brand new I just got it and would like to listen to music off my phone and I need to plug in a aux cord but I don't know how everything is wired up right and plugged in but there's four cords on the back that are red and white 2 red and 2 white and all of them have black caps on them
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

These 4 RCA jacks with black caps are intended to connect to an external amplifier.

An external source such as that of a phone could not make use of these jacks.

The AUX mode can only work if there is a CD changer/AUX switching adapter. This is as stipulated on page 11 of the Instruction Manual.

There is however a workaround on playing an external source including a phone but would need an add-on device. Would this workaround serve your need please?