James, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Electronics Specialist
74859263

I put a DVD/nav ford factory radio in my truck but the ford

Customer Question

I put a DVD/nav ford factory radio in my truck but the ford display comes up then the radio shuts back off. It will let me load CDs but will not display or play anything except the ford logo and shuts back off.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

In order for the navigation to work correctly you will need to have it programmed to the vehicle. It is considered a stand alone module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that displays is the ford logo with four dashes that look like the clock for about 5 seconds then it shuts off. I can't select radio or anything as it never shows up on the screen. I can report the unit and it does the same thing. Shows ford emblem on screen and shuts back off after 5 seconds.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

How many connectors did the old radio have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two wire harnesses and two antennas. Same as my factory 6 disk radio with Sirius xm
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the info. I am going to opt out since I am a very visual person. Another expert will be will you shortly and will hopefully have a good answer for you.