Expert-Repair
Expert-Repair, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I just purchased a second hand 2004 XC ***** ***** Barina

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I just purchased a second hand 2004 XC ***** ***** Barina and the Blaupunkt 2020 Audio System doesn't work. Just wondering how easy this will be to fix & where I should take it? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The dealership tried changing fuses but it didn't fix the problem & they were unable to input the security code when the engine was both off & on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure no worries, appreciate it thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Expert-Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hello and good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

From what I am reading my understanding is that the unit does not work because it requires the security code and the security code is not able to be entered as I am going to assume that it simply does not allow the code to be entered, if that is the case and it is not that it does not accept the code but that a code cannot be entered and if done correctly this would only leave the radio most likely needing to be replaced as nothing should prevent the code from being entered if being done correctly.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.