Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer at Critical Mass/Icon Enterprises
82296607

AVH-4100NEX wont connect... keep sayining "memory full" and

Customer Question

AVH-4100NEX wont connect... keep sayining "memory full" and "amp error."
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The memory full error references Bluetooth memory, apparently. Try setting the Parking Brake to On, then access the 'gear' icon or Settings. Go into Bluetooth, and delete unused Bluetooth devices in the listings, to make room for the additions of news ones.

As for 'amp error', that's not such good news. It may in fact be an electronic defect that requires the AVH device be either replaced or repaired by an electronics servicer.

But, check that all power connections are good, and tight, and clean. Some say a bad, or distant, Ground connection can cause the Amp Error, esp. if it is intermittent rather than constantly present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shouldnt have mentioned the "amp error," I know whats causing that I just need to get it taken care of.Back to the bluetooth settings, I read the manual so I also saw where it gives those instructions, the problem is that the most of the options within settings are "grayed out" or unavailable; they don't display the options you actually deed or don't allow you to edit them. Is there a way to just do what would be the equivalent to a factory reset on a smartphone?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have heard that a factory reset does not clear the Bluetooth memory. I recall encountering that while researching the problem.

But would you like to try such a reset nonetheless?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks... this is been a complete waste of money.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that you have that impression. At no extra charge to you whatever, I am giving you a chance at a second opinion from another Expert here, by Opting Out of the case. This opens the case and the question to any other Expert who may have more to offer. Thanks.

Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a 30 veteran car audio engineer. I will try to help you.