Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I would like to ask if you could help me finding my car

Customer Question

hi,
I would like to ask if you could help me finding my car radio code. My radio model is Sanyo NVA-MS7110, B8260-C99J with s/n: 0j012039.
Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anything yet?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:
- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.
- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # ***** the device and according to the maker and model.)

I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russel hi,
Cause i bought a used car and after changing the battery the radio requested a code. I asked my dealer but he can't help me on that. Thats why i turned looking on the internet and i thought that you could help me. I was aware of the informations that you provided me. So please if you can't help me finding the code, i would like my money refund.
ThanksPanayiotis
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Since I cannot even identify your Sanyo stereo's model, I doubt that I could generate a code for it, nor find a code generator online.

But tell me: have you tried default values for the code?

Enter

0000

or

1111

or

00000

or

11111

and see if any of those work, is the last suggestion I can offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell hi,
This is the first thing i did and nothing happened! So please if you can't help me refund my money as advertised.
ThanksPanayiotis
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have no power myself over a refund. For all issues of refunds, billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

I admit that I have no further help to offer, except to say that we both agree as to what was the sensible thing to do. (And though your auto was bought used, you could still take it to a dealership in that sort of car, to see if they can help you get the radio code for it. That wouldn't be under warranty or anything, as a service, but it would not be in any case, I don't think.)

I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in case another Expert has the information you need before the refund is issued. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell thanks for all the help even though my problem is still there.
Thanks
Panayiotis