stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I installed a Pioneer MVH-X370BT head unit in my car. Is

Customer Question

I installed a Pioneer MVH-X370BT head unit in my car. Is there any way I can change the AM tuner to scan in 9kHz steps instead of 10kHz steps. (I am in Australia but I cannot tune in to any AM stations)
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Are you somewhat handy? You will need to open it up to do anything like this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Freddy. Yes I am handy and I have an electronics background (retired now). I was hoping there might be a jumper on a circuit board as there does not seem to be anything in the user interface.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you will need to take it apart it is not as simple as a jumper. If you are able to manually change the frequency you will have a wire going directly to the tuner knob. If you have that the other end will connect to a round part that controls the frequency. If you do not have that, you will not be able to change the frequency at all as it will be hard wired into the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected that you would be able to access details for this specific make and model. You are talking in general terms and that does not help me - for example this model does not have a tuning knob. (You have to scan to tune in stations).
Can you get circuit for this model?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

No I can not, that information is not available. If it was I would not be having you check. The terms also are not general, there are two types. I explained exactly how to check which you have.