John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My kar alarm quit working. the remote will not work and I

Customer Question

My kar alarm quit working. the remote will not work and I have already checked the battery in the remote
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

How did you check the battery? Not all batteries work, even if they have some charge. I recommend to buy a brand new battery (brand name recommended as well), and try again. Please keep me posted.

=====

Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you

=====

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the battery in the remote and it still does not work. Is there a way to reset it?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

To reset it we usually just remove the battery for one minute.... so unfortunately it seems the remote control is defective, or the alarm module installed in your car. I would take the car to an alarm repair facility and have it checked.