Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a problem with the CD player on my radio in my 2010

Customer Question

I have a problem with the CD player on my radio in my 2010 Toyota Yaris. The radio is working fine.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

While it could be electrical, this type of problem is often caused by a bad sensor (contaminated laser lens). You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If still no change, you can disconnect the battery (or just pull the radio fuse) for a a few minutes to let it reset as a next step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I thought at first but then I get it to work again and it works fine until I eject the CD. But, I cannot get it to work while the car is running but I am not driving it. That is why I am thinking of an electric problem. Does the CD player use much more power?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Using the cd player does take more power than just the radio, but only a matter of a few watts to run the motor and laser