Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Multitude of experience in vehicle electronics and wiring diagrams.
61965098

Ive purchased the kenwood 25th anniversary xxv-05v indash

Customer Question

Ive purchased the kenwood 25th anniversary xxv-05v indash dvd radio. That store some how did not have the code to unlock the radio after i purchased it. Ive been stuck with a electronic paperweight for now7 years!! How do i unlock and put a new code in? There was also no instructions either!! :(
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can try the code 3051, that is the standard code that is usually set. 1234 is another common one. KCAR is also a common backdoor code. Please use one of the methods below based on your radios software.

The procedure to enter your security code differs on various models of Kenwood car stereos. Here are three of the more common procedures:
Type 1

* During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds until the "..." display disappears.
* Enter the security code using your Kenwood remote.

Type 2

* Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on the face of radio at the same time until the four dash lines disappear.

Type 3: Model# ***** and DPX-4030

* Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset keys until the display shows the letter 'C'.

Entering Letters on your Kenwood Remote To enter a letter using your Kenwood remote, press a button once for the first letter, twice for the second letter, and three times for the third letter -- then press the Track Up or Next Track key to send the letter.
To send the letter 'A', press the 2 key once and then press the Track Up key. To send the letter 'B', press the 2 key twice and then press the Track up key.
Finally, when you are done entering all of the letters, press and hold the Track Up button for 3 seconds.
The key sequence to enter the security code KCAR is:

* 5
* 5
* Track Up
* 2
* 2
* 2
* Track Up
* 2
* Track Up
* 7
* 7
* Track Up

Your Kenwood should then enter tuner mode.

Give these methods a try. Let me know if your able to unlock it.