Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Trying to unlock my kenwood DDX4038 car DVD player, but

Customer Question

Hi
Trying to unlock my kenwood DDX4038 car DVD player, but couldn't find it .
Is there any one who can help me ?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can try the code 3051, that is the standard code that is usually set. 1234 is another common one. KCAR is also a common backdoor code. Please use one of the methods below based on your radios software.

The procedure to enter your security code differs on various models of Kenwood car stereos. Here are three of the more common procedures:
Type 1

* During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds until the "..." display disappears.
* Enter the security code using your Kenwood remote.

Type 2

* Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on the face of radio at the same time until the four dash lines disappear.

Type 3: Model# ***** and DPX-4030

* Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset keys until the display shows the letter 'C'.

Entering Letters on your Kenwood Remote To enter a letter using your Kenwood remote, press a button once for the first letter, twice for the second letter, and three times for the third letter -- then press the Track Up or Next Track key to send the letter.
To send the letter 'A', press the 2 key once and then press the Track Up key. To send the letter 'B', press the 2 key twice and then press the Track up key.
Finally, when you are done entering all of the letters, press and hold the Track Up button for 3 seconds.
The key sequence to enter the security code KCAR is:

* 5
* 5
* Track Up
* 2
* 2
* 2
* Track Up
* 2
* Track Up
* 7
* 7
* Track Up

Your Kenwood should then enter tuner mode.
A Security Code Bug in some Kenwoods There is a reported bug in the security code handling of some Kenwood stereos. In models with thie bug, the security code is stored incorrectly. The workaround is to enter the wrong security code.
In models with this bug, you have to decrement the third character of the security code by one. If your security code was 1111, you would enter your security code as 1101. If your security code was 9999, you would enter 9989.
Finding the Kenwood Security Code There are backdoor codes for each Kenwood car stereo, based upon the model and the serial numbers.
These backdoor codes are closely held secrets. Outfits like Car Audio Accessories UK will sell you the code for your radio for £20.
Sending Your RadioBack to Kenwood If all else fails, you can send your stereo back to Kenwood to have the security code reset.

Type 1
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 2
Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".
Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 3
Model# ***** and DPX-4030
Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display.
Then using your remote, enter your code.
Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is ***** (KCAR)
* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!
when finish all the procedure, is necessary to press "TRACK UP BUTTON" for 3 seconds.. and youre done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sajid, thanks for your help,
I tried all that codes , But unfortunately none of them works on my Radio, i just got sick of it .
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can provide you with additional assistance.

You will see many sets of instructions on the Internet to do this but unfortunately none of them work. I designed this coat is a security code and can only be retrieved by contacting the dealer if it was originally on the car when purchased or the radio manufacturer if it was purchased aftermarket. If you have proof of purchase of some sort, they will provide you with the code.