Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Customer with a new Outlander 2015 we are asked to install

Customer Question

Hi, for a customer with a new Outlander 2015 we are asked to install additional video-input to the MMCS - do you have a wiring diagram, as this "new" mmcs unit's plug dosn't look like the "old" one. - Thank you in advantage.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is picture of the unit
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Being a new 2015 model here the diagram info is somewhat limited.You may have to contact a dealer to get full diagram info on this here,in some cases they may charge a small fee for this.If this was already attempted with no success or is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply & trying to help out. - As what I have found out, it's the MMCS v2 that is installed in the car. - It's from factory built in with reverse camera, so I believe it has opportunity to show "video". - As you can see, I have attached picture of the unit, with connectors mounted - what I need to know, is if there is an empty pin, to where we can connect additional video-input (there were on the elder model of the MMCS) - which pin, and how to make it show picture when car is in motion.
Unfortunately Mitsubishi here in Denmark, can't provide any info on this (they dosn't know much about the MMCS v2)Looking forward to hear from you.Thank you in advantage.BR/Henrik Gudiksen
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately with this system here my info isn't showing me how this is wired or should be wired in and I apologize for that.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete