Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I just purchased a new viper remote pad it worked in the

Customer Question

Hi I just purchased a new viper remote pad it worked in the beginning but now it's just buzzes when I try and start the car what's going on
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and Welcome. My name is Michael.

Could be two different scenarios.

Scenario 1: The Starter is not bypassing the security alarm causing the car not to start and only flashing the dashboard....in some vehicles it will flash the "SECURITY" or "ALARM" lights on the dashboard for about 5-10 minutes and then you should be able to start it with the key.

If you just installed the alarm don't panic, that should only happen in rare cases, but if it's happening at all times and you haven't been able to start the car at all no matter how long you give it, then recheck ALL Connections.

Scenario 2: You have the key pad lock turned on. It protects the keys from unwanted pressing when in your pocket. To unlock you hit the F key then the unlock key, you can now use any command until you let it set for 60 seconds, then it locks again. To stop this totally, you hold down the F key for 12 seconds it will beep and top light turns orange, then hold down the unlock key for 2 seconds, it beeps then u hit the lock key to turn off this feature (top green light goes out). then hold F down, and F down again, should be good to go!

If you would like a more detailed information of what you should do, please provide full model number of the vehicle, the model number of the Viper Remote and information on how you got the Remote Starter in your car (installed by you or a car-shop?)

Thank you.