ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I am installing a Jensen VX7022 and I dont know where the

Customer Question

I am installing a Jensen VX7022 and I dont know where the wire the green and white wire to. I am installing a backup camera but its a license plate mounted one. I am also wondering if I ground the pink wire will I bypass the parking break?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The green/white wire should be connected to the reversing light signal wire - this will activate the backup camera when the care is put into reverse gear and the reverse light comes on. If you are not fitting the backup camera then you do not need to attach the green/white wire anywhere.

Yes, if you connect the pink wire to a permanent ground (-) supply, then you will bypass the parking brake.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the reversing light signal wire? 2003 Chevy avalanche 4x4 with Bose.

On a 2003 Chevy Avalanche, you can connect to the reverse wire on the driver's side under the dash at the relay block - connector C6 cavity J is the reverse light feed.

Just use a connector block to splice into that wire.

Alternatively you could connect under the hood.