ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a viper remote 5210v on my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

Customer Question

I have a viper remote 5210v on my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 and my trunk won't start when I put my keys in it says service theft deterrent system is there a way to override the system to start my truck
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Yes, you can override the system:

First, you will need to enter your vehicle using your traditional key. The alarm will sound at this time. Once inside the truck locate your valet switch. Once you know where your valet switch is simply insert your key into the ignition cylinder, turn to the "run" or "on" position then tap the valet switch one time. Do not hold the switch, make sure it's a quick tap of the button. The alarm should stop sounding after a second or two and you should be able to start your truck.

The valet switch is usually built in to the antenna which is often found on the windshield.