Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Viper model 4086V, the remotes no longer light up

Customer Question

I have a Viper model 4086V, the remotes no longer light up or function. I just replaced battery in remote and car still wont start. Any suggestions?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for any blown fuses to see if a fuse is blown that powers up the Viper control module.If all fuses are found to be o.k. I would check the wiring to the Viper control module to make sure no wiring has become disconnected.If this is all o.k. the viper system may need relearned/reprogrammed to correct this here or there may be an internal electrical fault in the viper control module itself with it needing replaced or repaired to correct this fault.In this case the viper control module and electronics usually need tested by an accessory install facility that installs and works on the viper system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.