Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

How do I pair my 2 rnet alarm remotes. I pressed the valet

Customer Question

How do I pair my 2 hirnet alarm remotes. I pressed the valet button once and then held the valet button. The alarm system chirped. Then I pressed the lock button on one remote and the alarm chirped after a few seconds. After that I pressed the lock button on the second remote but nothing happens. These are 4 button remotes and the vehicle does have a remote start. The one remote use to work until I pressed the valet button under the dash one day and the system has not worked since. Today I purchased a second remote and now am trying to get the system working again.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my alarm system needs to be turned on. The red LED light does not come on. I've tried to activate or enable the system by turning on the ignition key with the drivers door open. Pressing the valet button for 5 seconds and then turning the key off. The red LED only comes on though if I press the valet button once and then again and I think that's a program mode. So I think my remotes are paired but my Hornet Alarm is not enabled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to enable the alarm by turning the ignition to run then off next pressing and releasing the valet button. Now my red LED is on constant when ignition is off. But my two remotes do not operate the door locks or any other functions. I've tried to program the remotes in channel one and channel eight with no luck.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a possible internal electrical fault in the control unit/ecu itself for the alarm/remote start system.I have seen the control units/ecu's fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.I have also seen where it may need reset by disconnecting power to it for several minutes then relearning the remote.If the relearn and reset does not work I would see if it needs replaced as it would need tested usually done by an electronics install/auto accessory install facility in your area.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.