Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm trying to hook up a LOC2SL to my rockford fosgate p1

Customer Question

I'm trying to hook up a LOC2SL to my rockford fosgate p1 1000 watt amp in a 2013 chevy silverado 1500 Z71 LT...have the system hooked up now but the amp is statying on and draining my battery so I am wanting to tag in a toggle switch....can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong....u take one wire on switch run it to the remote wire on converter and the other one on switch to the yellow wire on the converter correct or no
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed connection/wiring (if have not been done):

• • LOC2SL's yellow wire to an always available +12V source;
  • • LOC2SL's blue/white wire to 1 terminal of the planned toggle switch;
  • • the other terminal of the planned toggle switch to the REM terminal of the P1000.