Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Got a Viper Alarm System 2004 Nissan Frontier Truck. Viper

Customer Question

Got a Viper Alarm System for my 2004 Nissan Frontier Truck. Viper Model #7145V. My truck is locked out. It won't start. The Lock & Unlock works but it doesn't want to start. How do I get it to recycle and start again. Is it on a security lock out mode?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I don't know what the problem is exactly, but you might want to try pressing the Valet Mode button, which should shut Off security and allow it to start and run.

Do you know where the Valet Mode button is on your alarm system box? or is your remote a multi-button remote so that pressing two buttons at once gives you Valet Mode (as it does in some) ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't know where my valet mode box is. Once I push the 2 buttons at once what will happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK i'll try pushing the 2 buttons at once.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get back to you Russell. Thanks!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The Viper alarm system box is sometimes under the dash, at the left side. The Valet Mode button is on it and needs to be pressed and held for about 2 to 5 seconds.

What happened when you pressed both buttons on your remote? I hope it wasn't bad. Did it enable starting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell H.,
I wasn't finish with solving the problem, just went to try to push both buttons as you suggested, but it didn't work! I pressed the Lock & Unlock Buttons together for about 5-8 seconds then let it go. Pushed the unlock button to enter or disarm the alarm. Sat in the truck and tried to start it. It just turns over but doesn't start. Does the lock out system allows the truck to turn over like it wants to start, but doesn't? Like when you don't have any gas but it keeps turning over, trying to start. On the Remote, there is the Unlock/Lock and an Orange button on the bottom. What is the Orange button used for?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what the orange button does, but it is probably the 'learn' button, and you needn't press it at this time, it would just bring on complications.

You need to locate the alarm system's Valet Mode button instead. It is often mounted at the bottom of the driver's side dash, in a visible but not obvious location.

Press that button once, immediately after putting in the key and turning it to On. Do not hold the button.

For further instructions in detail, see:

http://support.directed.com/RemoteGuide/ValetMode.aspx

I'm sorry if I told you the Valet Mode button had to be held down; I was tired late yesterday and remembered that part wrong.