ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a clarion vt1500B in my Yukon, sometimes the screen

Customer Question

Customer: I have a clarion vt1500B in my Yukon, sometimes the screen works and sometimes just streaks across, and I have no sound. It came wth 2 wireless headsets but can I somehow get thru the yukons speakers?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I put the dvd in, it comes up on the screen with just streaks. if I continue to change the source (av, av1, etc) it will sometimes straighten out and play. Or if I turn off then on again, sometimes works. That's major problem. 2nd is if I can get sound out of the car stereo or if HAVE to use headphones and if I do have to can I have as many as 4? (I have 4 daughters with me most of the time)'
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long ya think? And will I get answers or just post to the board? (I see there are a LOT of questions unanswered)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

This problem can occur if the disc is not readable.

If the same problem occurs with all discs, even after cleaning them, then the optical lens inside the unit may need cleaning.

Try running a cleaning disc inside it a few times and check if there is any improvement.

If cleaning doesn't help, then you likely have a defective unit with bad circuitry that isn't decoding the disc correctly or competently, and it will need to be returned to Clarion for repair.

If your Yukon's stereo has an auxilliary input (usually labelled "Aux") then you can connect the DVD player into it and use the Yukon's speakers with the DVD player.