Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a 2005 Toyota Estima with an overhead Matsushita

Customer Question

Hello I bought a 2005 Toyota Estima with an overhead Matsushita dvd player (rear) Model No 86680-28040-BO. Serial 12461. Ref NO CN-TT7301A. Do you have a remote for this unit that I could buy, and is it independent to the DVD/satellite player in the front as there appears to be a rear jack on the left passengers side
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 1 year ago.
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, as JustAnswer Experts do not sell remote controls.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gina, this is a question about a car. Its about the dvd player in the car. Let meknow if you cannot hep me. Thank
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, based on "...front unit is in Japanese...", it would then appear that this particular 2005 Toyota Estima is a JDM (Japan Domestic Model) and therefore, everything about it would be intended for the local use of the Japanese market hence the language and other restrictions/limitations.

Still, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • for the remote, inquire from the car importer where the Estima was purchased or other JDM suppliers in your location. Also try HERE;
  • • post back with clear closeup pictures of the "...Matsushita...86680-28040-BO...".

This is an independent site and is not affiliated with any manufacturer, brand or product; neither do we sell parts, components nor devices. Members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.