Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a ine-w960hd installed. I cannot access the settings

Customer Question

i have a ine-w960hd installed.
I cannot access the settings for the navigation. it is shaded out and when I press on the icon (top right corner) it just gives you a thud like sound
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alpine system, it is like admin priv's are not active. Only on nav side. Radio side no probs.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It might possibly be disabled by the way it was installed. Alpine units of this sort often have a 'handbrake disable' (or is it a handbrake enable? I'm not quite sure in this case), which disallows using the Nav when the car is in motion... or when it is not.

Is the device brand new?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just installed less than a month ago by a aline reseller.. And it is the 957 model. I went through the brake, E brake on off on again. No go.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If a qualified and competent installer put it in properly, and it doesn't work, then it was most likely defective from supplier. (This is why it is good for an installer to run a basic test of every main function, not just plug stuff together in a hurry.)

I would advise you to remove it and return it before the return-exchange period runs out, as defective.