Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a 1990 F-350. Want to install an Alpine system in it.

Customer Question

I have a 1990 F-350. Want to install an Alpine system in it . I added a new headliner and it has 2 4" speakers right above the driver and 2 more above the passenger . Would like your help in what to install so that it sounds clear and loud . New stereo
, amps , speakers, sub , size of wiring to use whatever I need to install a good sounding system for around $1000-$1500 if that's possible. ,
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Willhello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The system that you purchased for it is an excellent system and will actually sound very good on its own. If those are factory speakers though, what I would do is replace them with higher and speakers but make sure they are the same size and form factor of the originals otherwise it can make installing on much bigger project. You should be able to find adapters that will make them fit like the OEM speakers. For volume, and raw power, I would add an amp and then wire the speakers from the amp. A subwoofer would add the base and that does make a huge difference. If that price includes the radio it will be tight but you can do it if you aren't planning on buying top-end stuff. But you really don't need top-end stuff to do which are doing it's a small space that you have to fill with sound so you really don't need to drive a huge amount of power to make it sound good.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.