Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a2006 odyssey with 2 dvd stuck in player ,i opened

Customer Question

hi,i bought a2006 odyssey with 2 dvd stuck in player ,i opened it and took out dvd , when i put it back in van am hearing the motor running but dvd was bouncing something and not going in, i opened it up again and put dvd in it and put it back in van , now dvd is not ejecting nor playing ,what should i do
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The DVD player may well not be usable without repair or replacement, by the sound of it.

But the things to try to get the disc(s) to eject are:

- power Off the DVD player. Leave it powered Off for several hours at least.

Then hold down the Eject button while powering it On again, and keep holding the Eject button down for at least half a minute.

- Look for a pinhole near the disc drive/drawer/slot. If there is one, that is the emergency eject switch, which can be triggered by straightening a paper-clip, and inserting its end into the hole and tripping the switch, which either pushes out the disc, or pushes out the tray with the disc in it (depending upon the exact disc loading mechanism.)

If neither of those measures works, you may have to have the DVD player disassembled to remove the disc from it.