Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Greetings, I get a muted warning and chimes through my

Customer Question

Greetings,
I get a muted warning and chimes through my DNX692. The warning does not come through the speakers, but the unit it self? Seems more often at freeway speeds. "blank, blank, turn on?" is what it seems to say. Not speeding though. Unit was professionally installed 2 weeks ago. Ideas?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, consider a RESET (actually, the only easy user doable try and if have not been tried). A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.

All other checks would be with the use of a multi-meter.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.