Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

USB/Micro-SD/3.5 mm audio/Video inputs (front panel). USB

Customer Question

USB/Micro-SD/3.5 mm audio/Video inputs (front panel). USB outlet is damaged. If I can find the part I can replace. Jensen VX7020.
Thanks,
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will assist you with your question.

Unfortunately, this part is not sold individually (it is soldered to the main board). Replacing the main board is prohibitively expensive for this head unit. The only feasible solution would be to find a non-working model, which you should be able to get for $10-$20, and then take the part from there. It's a lot to go through to fix a USB port, but if you like the head unit, it will save you a bunch of money. Let me know if you still have questions.