ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My 2003 b4000 securilock will not disarm after my battery

Customer Question

my 2003 b4000 securilock will not disarm after my battery went dead.i replaced battery and altenator. i get 1 start but dies when i put in gear
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It sounds like the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) security system has locked you out, and it will need to be reset.

Check whether the flashing red light is blinking at a faster rate, or if it blinks at a normal, slower, blink. If it continues to blink fast, this is a larger problem which only the dealership is going to be able to fix. This is due to the need for reprogramming the PATS system.

• If you have a second key, wait for 15 minutes after trying your normal key, then try it. The regular key might have lost its link with the vehicle, or the transducer in the key may have gone bad.
  • If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes (disconnect and walk away). Reconnect the battery. If the light is still blinking fast, it has not fixed the issue. Again at this point, you are going to have to take it to the dealership to get the PATS reprogrammed.