ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I just installed a Pioneer KE-1818 car stereo/cassette

Customer Question

I just installed a Pioneer KE-1818 car stereo/cassette player in a 1979 Camaro that I've done a complete restoration on. It Powers up, changes channels, cassette will play, but there is no sound. I did not have a wiring diagram, but from what I have read, the red wire is ignition, the orange is battery, black is ground, the gray is left speaker +, gray/red is Left -, Green is right speaker + and Green/red is right -, Blue is for the amp, which I did not put one in. Is there something I've done wrong or do you think there is an issue inside the radio?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

When the system is turned on and playing, test the voltage reaching each of the speakers and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got your reply, I've not had a chance to get back out and check that yet. I will let you know as soon as I do. Thank you, ***** *****

Ok, thanks for the udpate Jeff!