Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Pioneer Abu-5700bhs in my 2005 Hummer H2 won't power off

Customer Question

My Pioneer Abu-5700bhs in my 2005 Hummer H2 won't power off even when the car is turned completely off
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, The red wire is your switched radio wire. If your radio doesn't turn off with the car (even after you open the door- which is how most work), then you don't have your red wire interfaced properly- you have it connected to a constantly live source. Who interfaced the wiring from the Pioneer to your Hummer?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm assuming you tied both red and yellow wires to the Orange 12V in the Hummer's wiring? If so, that's a constant live wire- that's why your radio doesn't shut off. You need to 5 wire a relay to the ignition wire (Orange at IGNITION SWITCH harness). Then your red connects there so the radio shuts off with the car.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?