Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a kenwood DNX880HD in dash gps. This radio freezes

Customer Question

I have a kenwood DNX880HD in dash gps. This radio freezes all the time. I cannot hook upy phone via Bluetooth or it freezes. Anymore it freezes within a few miles.of taking off so the maps and speed and traffic are useless. Can this be fixed?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that you are experience this problem. Yes it can be repaired. How old is your Kenwood unit?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had this installed right around a year ago and it's done it since I got it. It wasn't freezing as much if I didn't connect my phone or ipod or anything to it and now it's constantly freezing. I took back to place that installed it and the guy was a d bag and said you bought a kenwood dide, that's what they do.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I understand, I wish I had better news, but the unit has a failed EPROM more than likely it contains the operating instructions for the unit. And it will cause freezes as it fails, until it can no longer work any longer.

But if yours is still covered Under 1 year old, then the repair will be free.

But You may still be able to have this fixed free even if its over that period.

Just tell them its always happened And just now gotten worse, they are usually pretty good about those issues since it was defective from the get go.

The best way to contact them for this is by using the phone # ***** the user manual or the warranty card. But if you don't have that you can get them by calling:

By Phone (###) ###-####
or toll free 1-***-***-****.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael