Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Please, I need to install viper 4105v in Ford Expedition 98,

Customer Question

Hello, please, I need to install viper 4105v in Ford Expedition 98, anybody knows instruction diagram or wiring? Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

there would be no "wire to wire" instructions, as it would depend on what you want your 4105 to do & how you want it to operate.
I can supply a Vehicle Wiring Guide that shows the Color, Polarity & tells you the Location, but does NOT tell you how to take the vehicle apart to locate.
IF you do NOT have the 4105 Installation Manual I can see IF I can post that also
will that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my car wiring diagram and my viper wire diagram, but I'm try to install the alarm, but no works, I need to knows wich cable must be connect with what, I thing this alarm is for lock, unlock an engine start. I don't nows wich cable ability engine star, so many cable, so menu color, how many color I need to use and which cable I don needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now suppor is only for dealer, but I'm try to install by my self.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some alarm camping with easy diagram, but particularly in this model is poor

I understand.........
As you go thru the Viper wiring colors, you will have to compare them to the Ford Wiring Guide.
IF you have the Remote Start wires connected, then you are 1/3 done
The 1998 Expedition uses Negative Door Locks, but you should use "Relays" to Lock & Unlock, because the Viper does NOT supply a strong enough Ground (250ma)
The 1998 Expedition uses PATS (passive anti theft system), which you will need a "ByPass" Module......be sure to get one that is D2D for the Viper (data 2 data)
Other than that, you need to decide what else you want the Viper to do

click Attachment below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now, I have this wiring color paper, but this information is not enough to install, if you see in Internet, a lot people has the same problem. Poor information. People return because it's not easy. It's easy take paper whit wire color, I think same diagram help more.

Please understand..........I have been installing, Selling & repairing Electronics & Remote Starts for over 30 years.
The Diagram I posted is more than enough information to Install the Viper.
You have to compare each one of the Viper wiring to the Vehicle Wiring.
There will be wires on the Viper that you will NOT use
There will be wires in the Wiring Guide that you will NOT use.
IF you have NO experience in this type installation, It would best to have someone with experience there to help you or have a shop install.
One wrong wire connection can cause damage to your vehicle.
Sorry, I am sure that is not what you want to hear, but I have seen to many jobs that has cost the customer more $$$$ than letting someone with experience install

Let me know if you need further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don satisfied with you answer, I will try to looking more help in other website, thanks

o.k...........
you did not tell me if you have any experience with Remote Start Installations
I am assuming not, as the Installation is a "comparison" of the 2 diagrams & I am sure you did not know that the Door Locks require Relays
IF you need wiring diagram for the Negative Lock / Unlock Relays, please let me know

.thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, you page say if I'm not satisfied which you answer you dont charge money, I will wait for refund because I'm not satisfied with you answer. Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?