Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Is there a manual method discs from a Matsushita Electric

Customer Question

Is there a manual method for ejecting discs from a Matsushita Electric
Model # ***** 6 disc changer? I have the unit out of my car.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Press and hold the EJECT button (while the unit has power) is one method... hold the button down for at least 15 seconds continuously.

... or, whether powered or not, find the fine 'pinhole' near the CD disc slot or disc door, straighten a paper-clip, and insert the end into the hole, pressing/tripping the catch/switch in there, and opening the disc door or ejecting the disc slightly from the disc slot.

If those don't work or aren't possible, then taking the case off and reaching in with a fine screwdriver or other pointed narrow instrument and tripping the 'catch' in the mechanism to release the CD, or eject the CD in slot-type CD drives... might be the only way to do the task.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression you had access to information specific to this Matsushita model itself. It is a factory installed 6 disk changer in a 2003 Toyota 4runner. I took several hours looking over the unit today and found no "pinhole," tried several long holds of buttons and combination of buttons with no effect and was not able to locate a "catch" mechanism. Do you have access to a schematic or actual experience with this unit?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that my offered answer has failed to produce results.

With this specific model I do not have experience. As for schematics or mechanical diagrams... I have searched for them and not found a good source. With apologies, I have Opted Out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there someone else with your organization that has experience with this line of CD changers? If not, your search engine optimization or keyword that declared "Matsushita tech advice" doesn't match your company's actual offerings. Although I appreciate your attempt to provide some possible solutions, I am not satisfied with paying for such a general answer. I cannot find the request a refund link here either. Very frustrating.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have no power over refunds, pricing, charges, etc. For that I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which has power over such matters. They may be contacted through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will address your concern with reasonable promptness (considering it is Sunday night) if you contact them.