Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How cn I reset a password 5000nex? I bought car used with

Customer Question

how cn I reset a password ***** Avic 5000nex? I bought car used with this system. I tried to restore to factory settings and lost access
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your reset to factory settings was successful, the password ***** have changed back to a default.

The default password ***** likely be either

1111

or

0000

or perhaps 11111 or 00000.

What prompt or error message do you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0000 didn't work. There isn't an error message. Just a password ***** set by previous owner
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try 1111.

Does the system otherwise show evidence that it was indeed reset to factory defaults?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed prompts to reset. Then got locked out. Then I forced reset by inserting a pen into a hole. System reset, turned back on and password. Is still saved as previous by previous owner. Has a password ***** that doesn't help me.
1111, 11111 , 0000, 00000
Not it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If the password ***** is still present, then probably that pen-hole reset did not reset the password.

I think you will need to either take the AVIC out and send it to Pioneer, or else take the car to a dealership for the brand, and have them reset the password.

Before trying either of those, though, you should unplug the AVIC device from the vehicle's power/battery. Leave it that way, without any power, for overnight or longer. Then plug it in again, and see if the password ***** is gone and it responds to a default password.