Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I'm replacing a JVC radio on my narrowboat Pioneer DEH

Customer Question

Hi I'm replacing a JVC radio on my narrowboat for a Pioneer DEH 4700DAB. On removing the old radio I checked the plug, and found it the same as the plug on the loom with the new radio. Having fitted the old plug into the new radio, everything work as it
should until I came to switch the radio off. The on/off switch won't switch it off. After further inspection of the loom plug that came with the new radio I found that the Black,Red,Yellow and Blue/White power wires were in the same pins on both the new and
old plugs, however the new plug had another wire in it, an Orange/White. I would like to know what this wire is for, and why I can't switch it off. I don't have a spare wire on the old loom to match up with it. Hope you can help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Orange/White is for Dial Lights / Dimmer Control............
Many people connect it to the RED wire or same as.
IF your New Radio does not have the Orange/White, & the Orange/White goes to a blank, do not worry about it.

Otherwise let me know if you need further..........

.