Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I installed a Pioneer DEH-3900MP stereo into my 1992 F150

Customer Question

I installed a Pioneer DEH-3900MP stereo into my 1992 F150 p/up. It was originally in a Jeep Cherokee Sport, that I am planning on changing the engine, and it worked great. I am using the same speakers that were hooked to it, in the Jeep. I get power and everything works , but there is no sound from the speakers. I have triple checked the wiring etc. Any suggestions?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, how many and what speakers are connected to the Pioneer please? Have you tried bench testing the Pioneer?
Still, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) would be to test the speaker wires at the rear of the Pioneer with the use of a multi-meter (set to Ω or X1 or -►]- :
• between the white & white/black;
• gray & gray/black;
• green & green/black; and
• violet & violet/black.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.