stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a kdc-bt555u stereo and have installed an pioneer

Customer Question

i have a kdc-bt555u stereo and have installed an pioneer amplifier. I connected the blue and white remote wire to the amp and get power briefly but it then shuts off. When i noticed the wiring in the harness for the stock lincoln amplifier for the subwoofer the ground wire looked to be connected in with the remote wire?!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the amp.
And is a multi-meter available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
multimeter
pioneer GM-d8400m
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
Kenwood KDC-BT555U + Pioneer GM-D8400M
For TEST purposes / a review, have you tried/checked :
• Pioneer GM-D8400M GROUND/black wire directly screwed to car's chassis/metal ground;
• POWER/red wire directly to the car battery's + terminal;
• directly/hardwiring the Kenwood's blue/white wire to the Pioneer's SYSTEM CONTROL/remote terminal;
• temporarily disconnecting the Pioneer's SYSTEM CONTROL/remote terminal connection (to the blue/white) and shorting this SYSTEM CONTROL/remote terminal to the amp's POWER terminal ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying direct jump to remote now
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Can you also please try to monitor the voltage between the Pioneer's POWER and GROUND terminals ?