Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Thank You, But I 't think you can help. Just searching why

Customer Question

Thank You,
But I don't think you can help. Just searching why my Navigation system doesn't recognize that there is a disc in the system for GPS. Last time it worked was a few years back just before Ford replace my rear air suspension for the third time. I have a 2007 Ford Expedition that has been in the shop for God knows how many times. Problem after problem.
From Coils and broken spark plugs to starter switch and cracked refrigerant tube to broken window motors. The list just goes on and on. So I haven't gotton around to why my GPS system doesn't recognize the disc.... maybe there's a fuse or a messed up wire somewhere who knows. Sorry for ranting but MY Beast "SUV" is driving me nuts. Liz
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the only easy user doable try (if have not been done) would be to attempt a cleaning of the laser lens / optical pickup with a cleaning disc for such purpose; something like the product shown in the link below.
http://tinyurl.com/llpyg8q
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
All others would be internal to the unit thus would require dis-assembly.