Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a DDX492 and can't get it to pair with IPhone 5

Customer Question

Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
There are 2 different pairings that you can do between the head unit and the iPhone 5. One pairing is for the audio and the other pairing is strictly for the phone audio and phone function pairing. So first pair it the normal way for audio. That will pair the high-quality audio profiles. Then from the phone controls in the vehicle, start the pairing for a phone specifically and then it will discover the phone profile on your iPhone 5. If this doesn't work for some reason or if you still have questions or it's unclear, please let me know when I will do what I can to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothin works. My phone sees the device but refuses to pair with it. There is no way while in phone mode on the radio to get it to do anything until it is paired. What you told me I can read out of a manual. I need real answers. I see that you have a horrible rating hopefully this one will be better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answers you gave me took like three minutes on the internet. I want another advisor who knows about this radio. I can google myself.

You're welcome. The fact that you're able to read the information somewhere does not mean the answer is not "real". In fact, I probably wrote it. I have over 10,000 satisfied customers, perhaps you are looking at the wrong rating. The information in your question where it says you've already tried indicates that you've tried a "normal pairing". It's generally not clear in the instructions on how to pair the phone and if you do it the way I suggested it will work. However, you seem to be frustrated and have directed your frustration my way. For that reason I will opt out so that someone else can help you. Good luck with the pairing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On your page you show 1 star with 8 ratings. I see both ways to pair but neither way works. In bluetooth on the phone I see the unit and when I hit it it says it isn't turned on. I read the manual as you did and tried all combinations. It works fine on music because it is plugged in thru USB. It just won't connect to bluetooth. Kind of like bluetooth is turned off. Yes I am frustrated because you suggested things out of the manual with the two ways to connect. I'm looking for someone who has seen this and knows what the problem is. I have connected with dozens of different bluetooth devices in both iphone and droid with almost no issues. If the phone sees the device then why does it say it is turned off. This is my first time to use this service and I was not pleased with 9 hour response at a time most folks are in bed. But if you are unable to help me then I want someone else. I can't deal with this during the week so it now is probably too late.