Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Im having problems installing an aftermarket radio in my

Customer Question

hi, Im having problems installing an aftermarket radio in my 2004 BMW 325xi
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get power to the radio. I've check all connections to the wiring harness, everything looks fine. I've checked fuses, all OK. I've connected the ground to the chassis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the 'aftermarket radio'.
Still and for test purposes, temporarily join together the new radio's red and yellow wire tied to an always available +12V source. Additionally, ensure that the black wire is tied to a metal frame, bracket or support and not only to the harness ground line.
Perhaps the reference wiring (depending on the version) at the link below may shed additional insight.
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2004-bmw-325i-car-radio-wiring-diagram/