ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Excelon DNX 890 HD in my 2012 Ram. When pressing the

Customer Question

I have a Excelon DNX 890 HD in my 2012 Ram. When pressing the CD button to open the unit to install a CD, the front of the screen only opens partially Maybe a 1/4 inch at the top of screen. Just purchased truck and through pressing time after time the slot has opened all the way twice.
Apparently the factory repair station is located in Redmond Wa (approx. 150 miles from here.) Any suggestions for an easy fix or is there one? Thanks Bob
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob,
The internal opening mechanism may just need a little bit of lubrication applied to it.
The unit will need to be disassembled, and a silicone based lubricant can then be applied to the moving parts.
Any dirt or grime should also be removed to help the mechanism move freely again.
If you are unable to carry out the repair yourself, a local electronics repair shop or technical person can do it for you.