Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I am trying to hook up a flip down tv to a 2006 escalade and i

Customer Question

hello, i am trying to hook up a flip down tv to a 2006 escalade and i have four wires, red which notes 12v, yellow - acc, black - groudn and blue ??
Not sure which ones to hook up to the dome light. i assume the red is constant, the yellow works with the ignition and black is ground, but not sure on the blue one.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the four wires are from the flip down tv unit. no instructions.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You need to post the Brand & Model Number of the Flip DownDO NOT connect anything to the Dome Light wiring.The Escalade has "fading lights" & if you connect your Flip Down to them, the Lights will NOT go out & can cause a problem with the BCM.Run ALL 4 wires across / inside the Headliner to the Driver Door opening & down the Driver Windshield Trim, by carefully pulling off the Rubber Seal along the Door opening edge.Run the wires into the Driver dashRemove the Lower Dash PanelConnect the BLACK to Ground -Connect the YELLOW + to the RED / WHITE wire at the Ignition Switch HarnessConnect the RED + to the BROWN wire at the Ignition Switch Harness.Leave the BLUE wire disconnectedTry the Manual Dome Light Switch on the Flip Down to see if the Lights come onLet me know what you find.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry for the delay. I was on vacation and was just got back to this today. I did what you said and the dome lights on the unit stay on.
You need to post the Brand & Model Number of the Flip Down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached a photo of the ad off eBay
thank you for the added photo, but that does not allow me to see the Installation Instructions or the Brand Name & Model Number.Many Flip Downs have "different wiring colors" & connections.I would need wire colors & their functions.I do know that you "cannot" connect any standard lighting to the Escalade, without causing issues with the "Fade Lighting"There has to be a switch on the Flip down to turn the Lights on or off manually.IF there is no switch for the Flip Down Lights, then you will need to add one or do not connect the Lights at all
I did what you said and the dome lights on the unit stay on.
.
???
Did you connect the BLUE wire to anything?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they stay on. I haven't attached the blue wire to anything yet. Sould I
.
IF you are referring to the Flip Down Lights & NOT the Escalade Lights:
is there not a switch on the Flip Down for the Lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the lights on the flip down TV stay on. I switch them off and they stay on. The blue wire has not been hooked up. The unit did not come with instructions. It's a pretty crappy unit for $200
thank you for the added info......Typically the BLUE wire is for Positive or Negative Lighting, depending how the BLUE wire is connected.Ground the BLUE wire "briefly" & see if the Light Switch on the Flip Down activates the Lights.
Hello again Lurch here.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
.