stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

My setup is a 2011 wrangler with uconnect and factory infinity

Customer Question

My setup is a 2011 wrangler with uconnect and factory infinity system. In december I installed a maestro rr and a kenwood dnn991 hd, as well as ren a separate kenwood amp and sub . The 991 started to not remember log in for the users so we sent it back to kenwood and they shipped us a new radio. Problem is now that the new radio is installed and I have no rear speakers and the amp for the sub isn't turning on, all of this worked with the old radio even when it was dying. Just not sure if the radio we got is bad or the maestro went bad. As far as I can tell all the butt crimps for the harness to the maestro harness are good, I can pull on them and they don't pull out.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you test with the old radio? Can you please check the grounds for everything?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old radio was returned to Kenwood, so I have no way to test that. The factory head unit died last year and was discarded upon replacement with the Kenwood.I've checked the grounds multiple times, everything is fine.While waiting on a response yesterday, I did some more troubleshooting. The rear speakers are working, but are very quiet, and do not respond to either volume or balance adjustments through the head unit.The amp supplying the sub is grounded and has voltage to it, but the power light will not turn on. The head unit does not recognize that the amp is connected.None of the UConnect functions are working, but did before. The head unit doesn't acknowledge any OEM funtionality, and doesn't allow adjustment of them through the interface.Again, could the maestro be causing all of these issues? According to the idatalink maestro website, all of the settings are correct on the maestro. The maestro flashes red, but I don't remember if it did that before or not. Is there a way to reset the maestro? There is a button on the side of the maestro, but I can't find any information about it.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.