Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sony str-de197 is stuck in Bass +10 mode. I can tune am

Customer Question

My Sony str-de197 is stuck in Bass +10 mode. I can tune am stations but can't switch to fm or any other mode such as tape or cd.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try, please see the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Sony%20STR-DE197%20Reset.jpg
May have to be done a number of times.
This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.